Direction. Discovery. Devotion.
A 2 day Intensive which will guide, inspire and teach the student how to connect with Allah and His creation through powerful prayer and duaa.
To be held from
Saturday, April 11th (1:30 pm – 6:15 pm) till Sunday, April 12th (10 am – 4:45pm), 2015
at the Islamic Association of Northwest Calgary
Limited to 130 Students
Register by March 12th and Save $15 (online only)
The course title is Duaa: Direction, Discovery, Devotion.
A 2 day Ilm Intensive which will guide, inspire and teach the student how to connect with Allah and His creation through Powerful Prayer & Duaa.
Allah, Most High, says:
“Remember me and I will remember you”
We feel a sense of belonging, protection, and safety when we call out to Allah. When coupled with the powerful formulae of supplication (Duaa) and remembrance (Dhikr), this calling leads to a feeling of tranquility within our hearts and minds.
With this goal in mind we have designed a course that will teach us all how to live, learn and love Allah and his creation to the fullest degree possible for the rest of our lives.
THINGS YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to become Allah-Centered in 10 weeks through 10 different ways.
- How to use Duaa as a central navigating guide for all spheres of your life.
- How to be among those whose Duaa is surely accepted.
- Taking advantage of 11 opportune times to make Duaa.
- Leaning on Ism Allah al Azam in times of difficulty.
- Finally understanding the 15 Comprehensive Duaa’s of the Qur’an.
- How to deal and cope with the feelings that your Duaa isn’t being answered!
- Special Duaas for Special times including Qunoot Naazila & Sayyid ul Istighfaar.
- Making the 99 beautiful names of Allah part of your everyday life.
- Leveraging the Vibrant Verses & Virtues of the Glorious Qur’an.
- The 12 Special Supererogatory Salahs.
- 60 Decorative Daily Duaas taught in Contextual Relevance.
- 2 Special circles of traditional learning, studying the Duaas and Etiquettes of eating and visiting the sick as outlineD and penned by Imam al-Nawawi (ra) in his monumental book al-Adhkar.
This course will be taught by highly qualified Ulama & Scholars who will combine lecture, interactive learning through activity, readings from the textbook, and self-reflection. Students are encouraged to actively participate as learning occurs best when you are personally involved by asking questions & promoting discussion.
The scholars present will be:
Mufti Abdul Mannan – from Windsor, Ontario
Shaykh Abdullah Tilly – from Calgary, Alberta
Shaykh Fayaz Tilly – from Calgary, Alberta
Shaykh Hasan Abdullah – from Toronto, Ontario